Friday, September 30, 2011

My Weight Loss Godsent, ViSalus

Let me first start out saying that I am so burnt out on the whole fad weight loss, P90X commitment, up at 5:00am killing myself and not being able to stick to it programs out there. I have never been "fit". I've always needed to lose some kind of weight. The slimmest I've ever gotten was prior to my wedding and I got down to about 175lbs. I needed to show my new bride-to-be what a catch I really was you know :) Ever since I've tried everything from the videos, Gazelle machines, joined & unjoined gyms, and even recently the P90X program. All I'm sure have proven great results for others, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm just lazy!

Ok now that I got that little declaimer out of the way I did stumble across this product that has been working for a buddy of mine. I looked into it and the more I read and studied the more I was intrigued by it. Not only did it make sense to me but it was the perfect fit for my lifestyle. On top of that I can save money. What? I did the math and I was no doubt able to save money! So let me divulge into this little product called ViSalus. I started ViSalus on Friday September 23, 2011 and in one weeks time I lost 7 lbs eating what I want, not working out, and doing everything on my time. This is a continual process and I am doing a 90 Day Challange at which time I would have hope to had lost 30 lbs. So I am no doubt on my way!!!

Basically ViSalus is a meal replacement shake that is packed with all sorts of vitamins and nutrients that meet your required meal needs, but also supplies you with the energy and fulfillment that past fad meal replacement shakes never gave you. With all of the protein, nutrients, and vitamins that are packed into this shake one would think it would have the worst taste in the world but its just the opposite. This stuff mixed with fat free milk taste like cake batter or icing without the ultimate sweetness. In a nut shell it is really really good. Plus you can add as much fruits, and other shake ingredients to it as you want to make it your own, but even by itself is delicious. I have two reasons why I LOVE this program:

Its Simple
My biggest set backs on all of these other weight loss products I've done is none of them ever fit with my constantly changing life. Most of the diet plans such as South Beach, Atkins and others have the right idea on altering your diet and cutting out carbs. Well that's great but this "health food" is not cheap. My grocery bill increased by about 20% every time because I was buying fresh produce, meats, and all other protein foods. That's just in food. When children entered our little world so did the expensive cost of diapers, formula and wipes. The grocery bills stack up fast. All of that produce, and meats have to be stored and consumed in a certain time frame or they all go bad. I was throwing out more food than what I was bringing in. In my line of work I am required to have several lunch appointments through out my week. Trying to maintain these diets on this kind of schedule was ridiculous and when I did bring my lunch it came in a grocery bag full of ingredients to make my "low carb" meal.

In regards to working out, time and consistency is everything. Shannon and I have been in and out of so many gym memberships that we almost need a temporary pass. The idea of joining a gym is great, but dedicating a consistent time to get there, workout, and then carry on with our day was daunting and hard to do given my family's busy schedule. Who's gonna watch the kids? I'll watch them while you go and then we'll trade off? I have a meeting so I can't make it till later. I'll go in the morning before everyone wakes (which never worked for me). It all just got to be such a hassle. Then enter P90X. Do it all at home, Great! They're at least and hour a workout, and again the consistency factor comes in play.

ViSalus shakes are so easy. I have a shake for breakfast that I mix in a blender. I put two scoops of mix in a little baggy and take it to work. If I have a lunch, fine I'll go eat a sensible lunch wherever and whatever it is. I'll make a shake before I go home and boom theres my dinner. If I want to enjoy a sensible dinner with my family then boom I'll have a shake for lunch. No gym, no working out no stressing over counting calories. EASY!!! 

Financially Smart
I've mentioned in other post about how we as a family budget. One of our biggest expenses is a line item named "Household". These are all the purchases we need in a months time for everyday things for the house, toiletries, and yes groceries. Well here is the no brainier. These are "Meal Replacement Shakes". This obviously means that you are replacing what you buy at the grocery store in a months time for breakfast and/or lunches. Now we still buy dinner items but only for the nights we are truly at home. After you add up the cost over a months time on what these two meals a day will cost you, you can see the savings. Especially if you are like me and every restaurant around your work has $10 and above lunch options, this really adds up to the savings. You can see this on my website but there are several options when choosing ViSalus and its different for each person. For instance Shannon is doing the Balance Plan which yes helps in weight loss but also gives her the daily amount of nutrients needed to kick start her day. This option is only $49 a month. I however need to lose about 30 lbs and do the slightly more aggressive plan which replaces two meals a day with shakes. This plan is only $99 a month. So its affordable! For my route it comes out to $25 a week to replace 14 meals!

Another way ViSalus is financially smart is it could be a great part time business if you so choose to take advantage of it. Now I'll be honest with you, this has always been a turn off to me because I always felt I had to buy into a product, attend some Zig Zigler style meeting, sing Kum By Ya and drink the Koolade. However after reading into this further, again it was a no brainier. Yes I'm always looking to raise extra long term income outside of my full-time job. By becoming a distributor you become a walking billboard. People will obviously see the change and ask you about it. From there you give them your card or take them to your website. If they decide they want to do this, why wouldn't they if they see the change in you, then they will order from your website get the product for themselves, and you benefit financially as well. Now I am walking into this area myself very carefully and with caution simply because I've never done this. But its like anything else. If you find something you are passionate about you naturally want to tell the world. Especially if their coming up to you and asking what the change is all about.

So I want to challenge you to stop and take a look at Visalus for yourself and see if it fits in your lifestyle. Go to my website watch the videos, and read the testimonials. Look at the benefits and money saving opportunities. If for anything try it a month and see what you think. If you're still not satisfied at the very least you saved some money on your grocery bill for that month and got some pretty awesome shakes out of it.

-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment